When a search is performed for some cities and ZIP/postal codes on a map, the search result returns with no map locations found, despite the locations being saved with those cities/ZIP/postal codes.
This is most likely due to the map's Search Radius not being set correctly. The search radius feature of MapifyPro allows you to specify the granular settings of how far you want your visitors to search.
Adjusting the map's Search Radius Settings (steps provided below) can address the issue. We recommend setting it to a higher range to extend how far your visitors can search.
1. Log in to your WP site admin.
2. Within the MapifyPro tab, navigate to Maps and click on 'Edit' for the required map.
3. Scroll down to Search Radius Settings, and in the 'Search Radius' field, change the default 5 to a higher range (10000 recommended) and set the 'Search Radius Unit' to Kilometers/Miles.
4. It may also help to enter the country code in the 'Search Region Bias' field (e.g. US) to specify the restricted region for the search to be applied on.
5. Click on 'Update' to save your changes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.