Yes! This can be done via the Batch Upload feature as follows:
1. Within the MapifyPro plugin, navigate to Batch Upload.
2. Download the sample CSV file and populate it properly while keeping its existing format.
3. Once your Map Locations are saved in your CSV file, you're now ready to upload them in bulk.
Note: It is recommended to start the batch upload by importing 10 rows at a time (of your CSV file).
4. When doing batch upload, please ensure to choose the correct Map where the locations should be uploaded, click on 'Choose File,' locate your filled-out CSV file, then click on 'Import.'
5. Once importing has been completed, the Map Locations will now appear in your list of locations and be viewed on your Map.
The CSV file as a Database
The method used by MapifyPro’s batch upload feature treats your CSV file as a database. So, making changes to any item within the .csv will ONLY change that setting in the location, while ignoring the items that haven’t changed. This allows you to maintain a separate database of locations (your spreadsheet) and update as needed without creating duplicate locations once you upload it.
Things to Consider When Performing a Batch Upload
- Titles (column A) should be unique. Otherwise, the same title will update the Map Location instead of adding it.
- The location field (column Q) should be filled in so that the location can be identified. This can be using an address, a business name, or GPS coordinates.
- It is recommended to update the Enter URL and the Tooltip Content fields. The Batch Upload still may work with these are left blank, however, updating these fields will help when viewing the map.
- If there are several locations in your batch upload, then we do recommend starting with a lower number e.g. 10, to ensure the locations are being updated on your map.
Please sign in to leave a comment.