You were able to set up two maps in two different languages using the WordPress Multilingual Plugin (WPML) but switching the map from English to the second language will display only a blank map i.e. the map locations are missing.
This is usually a result of an incomplete translation on the WPML area and incorrect settings on the MapifyPro area (e.g. map locations, location tags, not translated and added properly on the translated map).
To fix this, you will need to ensure that you are using the latest version of both the WPML and MapifyPro (Go to Plugins>>MapifyPro>>click Update Now) and that the maps, map area, tags, map locations, & the page are translated and set up correctly.
Once the plugins are updated, please perform the following steps:
- Add a Map Area where your map locations should appear (Go to MapifyPro >> Map Area >> Draw New Area)
- Translate the following sequentially:
- Translate Location Tags (MapifyPro >> Location Tags).
- Translate the map locations that should be displayed on the map.
- Translate the Map Area.
- Translate your Map.
- Translate the page where the Map is added.
3. Add the translated map locations and assign a map area to the map for the map locations to appear when the second language is chosen by a visitor. Below are the steps:
- Navigate to Maps within the MapifyPro section.
- Click Edit for the required Map.
- By default, the Map will appear in the original (English) language. Then, from the language options on top of page, click the second language (see below):
- Scroll down to Map Area Selector >> select the Map Area where the map needs to be displayed.
- Scroll down to Map Locations and start adding the translated map locations that need to be added to the translated map (click the location title so that it goes to the right column).
- Under "Select Post Type" choose Map Locations.
- Click Update to save your changes.
4. Your translated map locations should now display on the map when the second language is chosen.
Similarly, when you switch back to the English language, the English map locations shall display.
Please sign in to leave a comment.